Carmen Lanteigne, owner of Aligned Pilates established the studio in 2007.
Carmen began her journey in Pilates in 2002 as a self-taught student to the mat work. Upon locating a mat class in Edmonton, Carmen carried on with formal training in 2004.
In December 2007, she received her first Comprehensive Teacher Certification from Core Dynamics Pilates Studio in Santa Fe, under second generation teacher Michele Larrson (first generation Eve Gentry).
In October 2009, Carmen completed the Masters Teacher Training Program from The Pilates Center in Boulder, CO under the mentorship of Amy Taylor Alpers and Rachel Taylor Segel (trained under Romana Kryzanowska).
"I believe the work of Joseph Pilates requires lots of practice and with time the body will return itself back to life. It's what I am capable of doing outside the studio in my daily activities that I know this to be true". - Carmen Lanteigne
Summary of Qualifications
- 2003 Mat Certification from Physical Mind Institue at Body Harmonics Studio, Toronto, Canada.
- 2004 Mat Certification from Body Works Studio, Edmonton, Canada.
- 2007 Completed the Core Dynamics Certification from Michele Larrson of Core Dynamics Studio, Santa Fe, NM.
- 2009 Completed the Master’s Program at The Pilates Center of Boulder, Co.
- 2012 Bridge student of Brooke Siler's Re:AB Pilates Program in New York.
- 2017 Student of Jay Grimes' THE WORK program and Sandy Shimoda at Vintage Pilates in Santa Monica, Ca.
When Julie started practicing Pilates, she was amazed how quickly she could see the benefits in her body and fitness.
As a dedicated practitioner of traditional pilates Julie decided to start her formal teacher training in 2012. She completed the program with Authentic Pilates in Sydney, Australia and obtained the Diploma of Professional Pilates Instruction.
In 2016, Julie continued with her training at Romana's Pilates with Cynthia Lochard (level 1) in Sydney. Her training with Romana's Pilates takes Julie to New York City to study at True Pilates with Romana Pilates trained teachers.
"Pilates has become an integral part of my daily life not only for maintaining a strong, balanced and healthy body, but also for improving concentration and brightness in the mind to stay young and vivid". - Julie Fontana